Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A great weekend.


It's been such a great relaxing weekend hanging out with my little man and seeing some of my favorite friends. I got up bright and early with Hunter on Saturday and had to whole house clean, 3 loads of laundry done, showered and ready by 9am and already into my DVR to catch up on some of my favorite shows that I had fallen asleep to early for during the week.


Henry has really warmed up to his "little brother". For the first couple months of Hunter's life Henry was wondering what the heck was this little thing we brought home. Henry never showed any aggression, but he definitely stayed clear of the little creature that we referred to as his "little brother". Gradually, he has learned to really love Hunter. Whenever we say "give your little brother kisses" he goes right over to Hunter and licks him on the cheek and hands and now lays by him. Yesterday I let Henry get up on the couch with Hunter and lay with him. It was so cute, I love my boys :-)







Meghan came over so that we could meet up with our friends, Megan and Ally, at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Tacoma. I hadn't seen Ally since the end of college and Megan since over the summer, so they both met Hunter for the first time. It was so great to catch up with some of the old PLU Volleyball gang.




Hunter and I got up bright and early this morning and got ready for the day. We went to church, he was such a good boy and just looked around the entire service. It's such a blessing to me to worship while holding Hunter, one of my greatest gifts from God. Pastor Dean has been doing a series on Demonic. Today he said he had met some resistance in the congregation to the idea that evil exists. His point was, if evil does not exist, than who did Jesus die on the cross to save us from? I thought it was such a great point. A few years ago, I would've said that I don't like to give Satan credit for anything, but he has such a presence in our world. "In the name of Jesus" is a common phrase in prayer, but why? The Bible tells us to: John 16:24 "Hitherto have thee asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full". When we pray in the name of Jesus, we come with authority and power of Jesus, over the demonic. What a wonderful day at church, I wish Jesse was home to enjoy it with us.




After church, Hunter and I went to visit my friend Sarah and her son, Ben. Ben just turned one on Friday! He's growing up so fast and walking all over the place! We went to lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe, such a wonderful place for lunch with a friend. :)




When we got home, Hunter had some lunch (peas and pears, again). It was time for the stinky boy to get a bath... and what did he do?! Yes, within 5 seconds of being naked in the bath tub, he decided to poop in the tub! What a special present for his mama to clean up. The life of being a mom is a blessing that comes in strange forms at time.


Here is my little pirate after his big poo and second bath :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved