Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Forgiveness: Part 3 & 4

Forgiving Ourselves

When dealing with forgiving myself, I need to have more faith in the fact that I am forgiven in Christ, instead of believing the devil’s lie that I am still guilty and should therefore allow myself to wallow in it.

For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more. Jeremiah 31:34

We can choose to continue to feel guilty or we can fill our thoughts with the reality that we are truly forgiven and be reminded of the extent of God’s forgiveness.

Forgiving God

Forgiving God, how offensive and ridiculous! Right? Am I saying that God is guilty of wronging us and that he needs to be forgiven? Absolutely not. Several of His faithful followers in the Bible held short-lived resentment toward God for the judgments and situations that were brought down on them. I know that I have felt angry at God for the suffering and pain that I’ve seen my own loved ones go through as well as myself. God does not need our forgiveness, nor does he desire it. He always acts with righteous judgment, regardless what your perceptions may be. Any resentment we hold against him causes us unnecessary hurting and anguish. We do not know why He makes the decisions he makes, but through faith, we have freedom from the burdens of the world.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

2 comments:


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved