Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I Will Always Be Your Baby...

Yesterday afternoon, Hunter and I drove back from visiting my parents house, and Hunter had fallen asleep on the way home. I gently lifted him out of the car seat and help him close. When I got inside, I set him down so I could put my things away, but he clung to my legs. At first I was a little annoyed because I had a messy living room and wanted nothing more than to straighten it out. Then I looked back down and wanted to hold him more than anything.

We sat on the recliner and he just curled up on my lap and rested his head under my chin, eyes wide open. Hunter had not cuddled with me for months, unless it was while drinking his morning bottle. And there we sat in silence for the next 45 minutes, smiling at each other. I touched his face and arms, thinking back to the first days after we brought him home from the hospital. It was almost as if he was thinking about the exact same thing.

I've been so excited for him to learn new things but with his 1st birthday less than 2 weeks away, it has been a little emotional that my baby is growing up. I had been missing the days when he sat with me and let me wrap my arms around him. It felt like he understood how his mom was feeling and without words, he was telling me, "Don't worry mom, I will always be your baby."

9 comments:

  1. Stephanie, that is beautiful! I so many times have so much to do around the house and forget how much they still need us! You are a great Mommy, beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, that is the sweetest. i LOVE when i get corbin snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still feel the same way about you, my lovely daughter! Always always always take advantage of that time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see my grantieson and hold him. I am hoping he will want to sit still long enough for me to read him a story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherish these moments....and always take the time The housework will always be there...these moments will not...visiting from Meet up Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no, reading your story also makes me missing that sweet moments.

    I'm your new follower via MUM.

    be blessed!

    Amiko
    http://mynameamiko.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toys that have sounds will intrigue the baby, yet keep in mind that you'll be required to deal with the tunes! Designs which mix numerous sections or different parts, such as stacking blocks, offer stimulation.


    Baby Toys

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved