Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Monday, September 13, 2010

Taking up Indian Cooking

I have decided to take up Indian cooking! Jesse and I both love Indian food, but don't get to have it much. After watching Aarti win on The Next Food Network Star, I got inspired.

I was super motivated to start last weekend.... and then realized that I don't have any of the spices needed to make Indian cuisine. So.... I got on the internet today and ordered all the things I need to get started:

Whole Star Anise
Garam Masala
Smoked Paprika
Coriander Seeds
Ground Tumeric
Black Cardamom Pods
Green Cardamom Pods
Fenugreek Seeds
Fennel Powder
Fennel Seeds
Ground Brown Mustard Seed
Ground Coriander

I got all this stuff on www.myspicesage.com They had really good deals and it ended up being much less expensive then searching for this stuff in a store.

Anyone have experience with using these spices?

Hopefully soon I will be making dishes like this:

1 comment:

  1. Love Indian food. Hopefully you will find some great recipes. Looks like Hunter has a birthday coming up. He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved