Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Friday, May 20, 2011

Double Digits

That in reference to the number of days until Jesse comes home. 98. The first 22 have gone by really fast, actually, but I know better than to think it'll stay this way. The first month has always been the easiest for me. It's at about the 6 week mark that I've started to get terribly lonesome in the past. Maybe it'll take longer this time, I'm hoping.

I do miss Jesse pretty terribly, though. I miss having someone to come home to after a bad day at work. I miss having someone to confide in when I'm not feeling very positive. I miss the hugs. It's tough.

I am incredibly lucky that Jesse calls me as much as he can. I hear from him almost every day. Today, I got the pleasure of talking to him three times, including one skype conversation. He is present as much and as often as he can be. I have always loved that about him. When a day passes and I don't hear from him, I don't worry, because I know without a doubt that his flying schedule has made him u able to call during a reasonable time of day.

Hunter misses his daddy. The last few nights, he has run into our bedroom before bedtime and grabbed a wedding photo of Jesse and I from my night stand. He holds it tight while shouting "Daddy! Daddy!". His eyes get real big every time I play the recording of Jesse in his build-a-bear.

I hope the next 98 days go by as fast as these first 22 have. Hunter and I both miss our brave airman. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, this makes me sad. I remember how lonely it was without JD. But you have 22 days under your belt, surely another 98 won't seem too long ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope these last 98 days go by quick!

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved