Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Monday, July 25, 2011

McFatty Moans

It’s another Monday, which means that I am linking up with both Blair’s McFatty Monday and Kristine’s Monday Moanings posts. Check out their blogs… like right now…GO!




Blair brought up a topic that I have talked about a couple times before. At what point are we happy with our bodies? It just seems like no matter what goal weight we set, it’s not quite good enough. For me, I think I compare my body to what it would have been like at this weigh, before going through a pregnancy. Not the same, at all! At some point, I have to accept the saggy tummy and floppy boobs, right? I’ve lost another pound or two and am consistently weighing 155lbs. I am very content with my body, with clothes on. Get me trying on swim suits, not so much.

On to some moanings…

1. I really do not rude drivers. I have gotten flipped off a few times in the last couple of months for merging with PLENTY of room! Actually, let’s split this up into two complaints…

a. People who flip other people off in general. Really?! I just think it is so ridiculously crude and inappropriate for any person to flip another person off for any reason.

b. Why do people get such road rage?

I’ve been trying to make a genuine effort to pray for those people immediately instead of getting upset. It makes me really sad that some people are so full of anger and hate that they must show such hostility to another person.

2. Chipped nail polish. Why the heck does nail polish have to chip and look horrible within a day or two? It irritates me horribly.

3. Lack of sleep. I get up at 4:45am on workdays. When Jesse is home, I am usually in bed by about 8:30 and asleep by around 9pm. When he’s gone… in bed by about 8:30, but almost never asleep before 11:30 or midnight. Talk about not enough sleep! I just can’t seem to turn my brain off before then. It makes me a crabby person by the end of the work week. Not good.

With all this negative talk, I feel like I should add some positive thoughts. I am beyond excited to be leaving for Turkey to visit my hubby at the end of this week! Hunter will be staying with my parents, which means that it will be the first time I will be away from him for longer than one night. I have mixed feelings about this. I know I will miss him so much, but it will be good for me to have some alone time on the flights and then a week of quality time with just Jesse.

4 comments:

  1. I pray for road ragers too. I don't understand why flipping someone off is ever necessary. It hurts my feelings. I never paint my nails because I hate the chipping. I am sooooo excited about your trip. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm glad you pray for me and my flipping off flaws... When do you leave again? Not soon enough? ;) Kidding. Thanks for being one of my only friends and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the worst road rage Phanie... but I don't flip people off. The worst that happens is me honking, and that is rare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man i hear you on the lack of sleep. and i kinda get road rage, but i never flip people off!! my biggest pet peeve is just people driving in the passing lane, going less than the speed limit. oh man, my blood boils just thinking aobut it!

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved