Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Women of Faith

This last weekend, I went to Women of Faith in Oklahoma City with a group of ladies from church. I'd never been to a large Christian convention/conference before. And I have to say it was pretty darn amazing. So many great speakers and musicians. I left feeling inspired and motivated to keep moving and growing with my walk with God.
 photo 71e5b130-ee64-49ee-aa90-627f58b54b4a_zps559881d8.jpg


 photo 064932e5-b9c6-4c78-a917-8a81f4297961_zpsa75ff186.jpg
Sometimes I feel like my faith is sitting stagnant, not moving forward, but then I force to think about my walk and the huge steps I've taken in the last several years. And I realize how incredible to change in me has been through Christ. Wowza. I can't wait to see where the Lord takes me in the coming months and years.

Lysa Terkeurst spoke first and her message moved me the most by far. She spoke on our feeling and our reactions. How as women we have emotions and they allow us to love and feel, but we also have to be disciplined in how they cause us to react. I know that I tend to be highly reactive and explosive in my home. When I feel like Jesse has done me wrong, I explode into a tirade. I keep track of wrongs and I let them be known. Yeah...not good.
Lysa talked about addressing the issue and not attacking the person, putting the issue into perspective, putting the relationship before the situation, and thinking about whether proving that you are right is more important than improving the relationship. Those keys hit me hard. She ended her message with the advice to never take your eyes off the Master because He knows things that I don't know.

 photo f306747d-cd7e-4855-bb76-c949aef766c8_zps253dbdfb.jpg
Craig Groeshel, Patsy Clairmont, Christine Caine, and Priscilla Shirer also delivered powerful messages.

And the worship....so amazing!! The worship team from Gateway church near Dallas, Kari Jobe, and Mercy Me were all there to lead. It was great to be in a room of thousands of women that have given their hearts to Jesus.
 photo a4f72f50-cd11-43d7-b97a-37fb84ccf112_zps995177f3.jpg

 photo f4ea82b2-cd28-4683-bc1b-19dcc0a471a2_zps80910401.jpg
If Women of Faith are coming to an area near you, I recommend checking it out. It was amazing. Here is their tour schedule for 2013.

1 comment:

  1. That's great to hear because I am thinking of going for the first time too in November. It looks like it was good.

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved