Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hudson is One!!


Stats:
Height: 31.5" (93%)
Weight: 21lbs 15oz (36%)

Hunter was 25lbs and 32 inches at 1 year. 

I can't believe my baby is no longer a baby, but I'm also so excited to see him grow up! He's just so sweet and I've noticed that I really do baby him more than I did with Hunter. Hudson still loves his pacifier (which I'm trying to break besides sleeping this week) and uses a bottle. I was not having any of that with Hunter by this age, but things change. Plus...he really isn't showing any interest in learning how to use a straw or a sippy cup. It will come. 

He's gone up the weight curve a bit from his last appointment, which made me happy. Since birth, except at his 9 month appointment, he's steadily been in the 30-40 percentile range, glad to see him back on that. He's a chow hound still! This last weekend he refused to eat raw mushrooms, which was the first food we've seen him show any dislike for. He's strictly eating table food now, no baby food for this big guy. He usually eats whatever we are eating, just cut up in bite sized pieces. And in the last couple weeks we have transitioned him to whole milk.

He's still in size 3 diapers and 6-12 months clothes. I think he'll have to wear 12-18 month pants for length once it's not 100 degrees here everyday. He's still sleeping like a pro. He goes down around 7pm and wakes up between 7-8am each morning. Still liking his two, two hour naps each day. Today he actually took a four hour nap because we were late getting him down due to the doctor appointment. 

He got all four first year molars in the last month... yes, 4 molars during his 11th month. So, he's got 12 teeth by his birthday. He's still not walking yet, just keeping a hand on the wall or furniture and cruising around. He's stood for a couple seconds on his own, but that's it. No rush for me!!! 

He's said "mum" a few times, but no words or "ma-ma" or "da-da" yet. To be expected, I suppose. BUT.... he's consistently used FOUR signs this much and I couldn't be more proud. He does "eat", "more", "duck", and "milk" and uses them often.

We had a little birthday party for him at our house last week. It was so much fun to have a couple close friends over to celebrate his big day. A friend from church made his birthday cake, which I loved!! 







4 comments:

  1. Aww my little peanut is growing up so fast!! Miss you guys! Give him kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your sweet little one. It seems like just yesterday he was born!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing what he is up too!! Getting big so fast! Him and Cole how weight about the same, Hudson is just a little taller! Man he is a good sleeper, woohoo!!! And we are supposed to transition from the bottle at some point but I really haven't pushed it, haha! Xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved